Remind me later that I never want to move again. Two weeks of 10 hour days…
- Removed carpet, pad, tack strip and about a million staples from four bedrooms, the hallway and the steps.
- Rebuilt the doorway to the bathroom closet to stack the washer and dryer, which means we had to re-run the drain, water lines, power and venting.
- Installed an invisible fence for the dogies.
- Dug 80 post holes for a board and field fence.
- Removed the wallpaper and painted the girls room.
- Installed a new hot water tank.
- Filled the dumpster. Twice.
- And moved ALL. OUR. STUFF.
We had a lot of help and could never have done this much so fast on our own. Still, been a long time since I’ve been this tired! And there is much more to do!
I kept thinking of Romans 2:4:
I don’t ever want to think lightly of all the goodness God has poured out on us these last two weeks. We are so undeserving of the kindness that He lavishes on us. From this house and this land to the way so many helped–with the big and the small stuff. God is good! And His goodness leads me to my knees before Him with a heart full of overwhelming thankfulness.
P.S. Pics coming soon!